The putting things back together phase

That immediately follows the mucking about phase which came after the taking things apart phase never really gets the attention it’s due.

Right after putting everything back together I’d noticed I hadn’t hooked up my door-pull properly so I had to extend it much further than before.  So that went on my list of shit to fix “later”.

While out last weekend in Rocky Mountain/Rimbey I finally noticed that I hadn’t hooked up my mirror control.  This obviously needed to be fixed.

10 freaking minutes.  I can’t believe it didn’t take longer. 10 minutes to take apart my door, not lose any screws, reconnect things properly and put everything back.

And to top it off, the door-pull works properly now and everything! I guess now that that’s done properly, I can move on to planning the next mod… if only I could pick what to do next…

Windows go up! Windows go down!

So last night I installed my Alientech window controller in my Golf. Super happy fun times! Within 15 minutes of finishing the install I had ladies oohing and aahing in awe. Well… one lady at least. It impresses the ladies in my head!

I’ll put up pics when I get home from work today. I realise this post is rather pointless, but I figure I had to post something new on the front page. Maybe I’ll update the mileage stats when I get home too, two more datapoints to add.

I guess now I should start looking at the next inexpensive project for an afternoon or evening’s quality time with my car. Perhaps the W8 overhead console from the Passats…


Pictures are up!